Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Mama just gave a big sigh of relief!

I had not quite been myself lately, but the mama could not put her finger on anything in particular that was wrong......changes but not necessarily bad ones in ladies of a certain age.

Until Sunday when I would not put one paw on the ground when walking for a short time.  After that I favored it, but would usually put weight on it.

Our friend Lisa helped us get me to the dreaded v-e-t.  Although this  one was different.  They gave me treats and baby food.  Yum!  And I got a McDonald's hamburger when we got home.  I go crazy for those.

The vet called and my thyroid is acting up.  It explains everything but the walk.  Since they do not think I am in pain, we will wait and see what happens with that.

The thyroid explains why I have been more hungry lately and am stylishly thin.  Although mama and I would prefer a more Rubenesque figure for me. 

The mama is relieved because she does not have to make any drastic decisions right now and thinks she can afford the treatment.

Now we are having pepperoni pizza to celebrate.

The mama said I was the bestest, sweetest girl at the vet and now she knows for sure she is my number one hooman.  😺

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Deedle..did they tell you about an ear gel for thyroid treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Katie, they did not! The mama is curious. We will have to check it out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete