Friday, March 6, 2020

Relief...for the mamma

Mamma took me to the v-e-t again on Wednesday.  This time I realized what she was up to and made it much harder for her and the transport driver to get me into the carrier.  But they did.  And then I almost broke out,but the mamma moved fast and stopped me!  She can move fast once in a while.

At the dreaded place, they told the mamma she could stay in the waiting room while I was tortured and she did!  So I didn't get to make her feel sorry for me like last time.  They took more blood!  What if I run out?

So, they took me back to mamma, said I had been a good girl and that I had gained a pound.  Mamma was very happy about this, it was more than she would have dreamed of.

A v-e-t called yesterday to say my bloods were perfectly normal, right where they should be.  Which is good, but means I have to keep taking the medicine.  The normal vet was out, so mamma will keep on trying the crushed pill in peanut butter for the time being.  Which is icky, gets sticky stuff on me, but she's not shoving her finger down my throat any more.

2 comments:

  1. I would never have thought of peanut butter! I will have to see if Katie will lick my finger with some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Deedle doesn't lick it off my finger, I still have to get it in her mouth or smeared around her mouth. But she objects to it less than the whole pill.

    ReplyDelete